TL;DR: Because I can.
At first the title for this article was “Why am I taking 1 year to be an entrepreneur”. But I don’t like the word entrepreneur. So serious. And it’s not really the end goal.
Starting September, I will not longer by an employee at my current company and I will not look for another job. Why? Because the timing is just too good:
- I just celebrated my 30th birthday and I had a “I’m starting to get old what the heck I’m doing with my life!” moment.
- The company I work for was acquired and it was time for me to move on.
- … and I’m lucky enough to be able to not being stressed about employment for a few months.
So… What I will do?
- Taking care of myself. Running, eating, stopping have my well-being linked to my job. Easy, peasy.
- I will work full-time on my podcast… Just kidding. But I will continue to work on Tête à tech with my better half.
- I’m dabbling around creating a company. I’m working on a MVP (more on that later) but I’m still not sure if I want to take the Micro-SaaS/Indie hackers path or the VC/Startup/high growth path.